This material is designed to help kids whose mother tongue is different from English to learn simple past tense verbs that can be read in the book by Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat. The material is ideal for kids among 5 to 9 years old. After doing the exercises from this material, students will be able to recognize and write those simple past tense verbs that can be found in the book. You can use this material in two or three 45- or 60-minute classes.
This material includes:
- List of simple tense verbs that can be found in the book The Cat in the Hat.
- Cut and paste in the empty spaces the right past tense verb.
- Write the right past tense of each verb.
- Fill in each blank space with the simple past tense of the verb in parentheses.
- Memory Game cards
- Read the sentences and circle the right past tense verb and then read aloud the sentence.
- Word Search Puzzle
- Interactive Exercise in PPTX.
List of Simple Past Tense Verbs