This material is designed to help kids whose mother tongue is different from English to learn basic vocabulary related to family members and people in English. The material is ideal for kids between 4 to 7 years old. With this material, students will be able to develop writing and reading skills related to family members and people.
Written activities to learn vocabulary:
- Trace the words for each picture.
- Fill in the missing vowel.
- Look at the picture , and write the correct word in the empty space.
- Look at the picture, and organize the letters in the empty space to form the correct word.
- Select the letters that are needed to complete the word, then write the word in the empty space.
- Cut and paste in the empty spaces the picture and the right word.
- Cut and paste in the empty spaces the right picture.
- Match the family member to the correct word.
- Look at the picture, and then circle the correct word.
- Circle the correct picture for each word.
- Word search puzzle.
- “I have, who has?” game.
- One memory game.
Exercises related to Singular and Plural forms:
- Read the word and write the correct plural form.
- Cut out the pictures and sort them in to the correct plural form column.
- Cut out the words and sort them in to the correct plural form column.
Exercises to write about the students’ family:
- Draw your family, complete the information about it (add the number of family select the right singular or plural form). Write the information in the empty column.
Level: A1 – Beginner